Monday, May 22, 2017

RAINY DAY CHOCO OATMEAL COOKIES

I'm finally off from work... and of course the forecast is RAIN 3/5 days and 70s ALL WEEK. So much for my beach plans! What better way to kick off the staycation than baking cookies on a rainy day! I had no eggs in the house, and I also wanted to sneak in some oatmeal into the cookies without actually tasting them... but I only had old fashioned rolled oats. Luckily rolled oats can be used for ANYTHING.

I ended up moving the mixer to the floor because we don't have enough counter space for my helper to be helpful!


RECIPE

1 cup of butter (2 sticks)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup boiling water
2 cups oat
1 bag of chocolate chips

- beat butter, sugars & vanilla until light and fluffy
- add flour, salt
- dissolve baking soda in boiling water and mix
- add oat and choco chips
- preheat to 350 and bake 10-12 minutes. (uncreased sheet- this recipe is basically all butter anyway!)
- cool before moving cookies

Always my #1 helper

Emilia is amazed at the kitchen-aid. Honestly, so am I!

Adding choco chips

eating cookie dough!! Benefits of eggless dough!


Soft, chewy chocolatey deliciousness!!


No comments:

Post a Comment