Monday, April 24, 2017

DIY floral crown

Floral crowns are the biggest trend right now, and rightfully so!
I decided to try to make my own, and IF it came out really ugly, then I would just buy one from the local florist. 

Well, I have to say that I am surprised at how EASY it was to make this beautiful floral crown!!!





WHAT YOU NEED:
GLUE GUN
SILK FLOWERS and GREEN LEAVES 
FLORAL WIRE
FLORAL TAPE

I got everything I needed from Michaels!
The flowers and leaves came on one stem, and I just pulled it apart!

Step 1: OPTIONAL
I wrapped the floral wire with floral tape just to make it softer against my baby's head. You don't need to do this step, especially if the floral wire is already covered with soft fabric. I bent little loops into the end of the wire incase I decided to use ribbon to tie the headband on. 

STEP 2: Pull apart leaves and flowers!


STEP 3: Glue flowers and leaves onto wire! 
I measured out the flowers against the wire before I started gluing to make sure I had enough flowers at the center for the headband. Then I filled the ends in with the green leaves. 
Also, having the flowers all face the same direction keeps it looking uniform!

TADA! The almost finished crown! 

No comments:

Post a Comment