Thursday, February 16, 2017

The healthiest & tastiest snack!!

Acai is a delicious super fruit from the Amazon rain forest and it is chock full of healthy nutrients! The acai bowl falls somewhere in between a tasty refreshing smoothie and cold creamy ice cream. Think smoothie with toppings! 

Note: this is NOT a LOW calorie snack! It is an energizing snack- but you can make it low cal or high cal... however you like with your favorite toppings!

You can pick up acai berry powder OR puree at your supermarket. I like the puree because I can get it on fresh direct AND it keeps my acai bowl COLD!
my ingredients: almond butter, acai puree, berries!
I like to mix some frozen fruit in and top with fresh fruit
top with fresh fruit and granola. YUMMY

"Acai berries contain antioxidants, fiber and heart-healthy fats. They may have more antioxidant content than other commonly eaten berries, such as cranberries, blueberries and strawberries." (Mayo Clinic)



No comments:

Post a Comment